Categories available to enter in 2018
We have 19 awards this year, 18 of which you can directly enter. You can not directly enter the Business of the Year Award, finalists for this award will be judged across all entries.
The winners of these categories will go on to represent the Shoalhaven and compete in the Illawarra Business Awards.
- Business Leader
- Outstanding Young Employee
- Young Entrepreneur
- Excellence in Small Business (less than 20 employees)*
- Excellence in Business (20+ employees)*
- Start Up Superstar
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Sustainability
- Employer of Choice
- Excellence in Workplace Inclusion
*This includes all employees on payroll in Australia such as contractors, casuals and labour hire staff.
If you win an aligned category at the Shoalhaven Business Awards, in order to progress as a finalist in the Illawarra Business Awards, you will be required to be become a NSW Business Chamber Member. This is as per the terms and conditions set by the Illawarra Business Chamber, as only a member can enter their Awards.
These categories are specific to the Shoalhaven Awards, and are not included in the aligned Illawarra or NSW Awards.
- Excellence in Community Service (not for profit)
- Excellence in Professional & Commercial
- Outstanding Home Based Business
- Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality
- Excellence in Retail & Personal Services
- Excellence in Workplace Safety
- Employee of the Year #
- Excellence in Social Responsibility
- Business of The Year^
# Employer nominated category
^ These categories cannot be directly entered