This category recognises individuals, businesses or organisations that demonstrate a commitment to going beyond their core business activities to create a better place for others either through benevolent activities or involvement in bettering the wider community.
To be eligible for this award, you must enter a business award category, AND answer the below stated question (this is the last question in each other category).
“Demonstrate how you have helped the community (and or the business community) overcome social or environmental problems. Please elaborate, being sure to include:
1. specific examples;
3. the scale of resources (financial and in kind) applied; and
4. reference to acknowledgements or awards that will assist in the assessment process.”
Please note that you cannot directly enter this award. Judges will select finalists from the responses to this question as it appears in each of below categories:
– Young Business Executive
– Young Entrepreneur
– Excellence in Small Business
– Excellence in Business
– Start Up Superstar
– Excellence in Innovation
– Excellence in Sustainability
– Employer of Choice
– Excellence in Community Service (not-for-profit)
– Excellence in Professional & Commercial
– Outstanding Home Based Business
– Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality
– Excellence in Retail & Personal Services
– Excellence in Production
If the judges for this category select you as a finalist, you will be required to have an interview specific to the Excellence in Social Responsibility award.