Date(s) - 19/02/2019
5:15 pm - 7:30 pm
Shoalhaven Ex-Servicemens Club
SafeWork NSW and the Shoalhaven Business Chamber are running a FREE safety workshop in Nowra for small business.
We know that managing health and safety in a small business may seem challenging.
The NSW Government is committed to making it easier for NSW businesses to manage health and safety in the workplace. The Easy to do WHS program provides practical advice and support to help achieve this.
This FREE workshop, delivered by SafeWork NSW and supported by Shoalhaven Business Chamber is targeted to help small business owners (less than 20 full time workers or equivalent part time/casual), including sole traders, understand what good practice work health and safety looks like, and how to create a safer, healthier and more successful business.
What you can expect
- Work through your own business needs to identify your health and safety actions and solutions.
- Qualify for a $500 small business rebate for eligible small business who install safety solutions to improve in their workplace. Click here to view program terms and conditions.
- Have your questions relating to work, health & safety, workers compensation and return to work answered by a specialist.
- Receive a certificate of attendance
- Network with like-minded people in your area
- Light meal and refreshments
Join us at the Shoalhaven Ex-Serviceman’s Club, Nowra from 5:15pm to 7.30pm Tuesday 19 February 2019.
Questions: Phone Cathy at SafeWork NSW Nowra 44286700
Examples of how local businesses have used the $500 Safety Rebate:
- A window and gutter cleaning business from Nowra received $480 for a ladder and fall arrest system to work safely at height.
- A refrigeration and aircon sales business in Wollongong received $500 for racking, safety barriers, signage and a trolley to help prevent falls on the same level.
- A café in Wollongong received $252 for ergonomic office furniture to prevent muscular stress.
- An electrical business in Kiama received $500 (out of pocket $320) for double sided ladders to work safely at height.