Hotondo Southcoast are passionate and inspiring members of the local community. They have a strong focus on supporting and sustaining a connected community through active involvement with many local groups. The 2018 Shoalhaven Business Awards Committee would like to thank them for their sponsorship of this year’s Awards and also for their continued participation and contribution within the Shoalhaven region as a whole. Read below for all the details!
Why did you choose to sponsor your award category?
Hotondo Southcoast selected to sponsor the Start Up Superstar category as we believe it is important to support start up companies within the community.
Our theme this year is Connect, communicating & Collaborating to create meaningful relationships for a sustainable, vibrant & profitable business community. How does your business work to connect the Shoalhaven Community?
At a community level, the business has put a lot of focus on ‘giving back’ to the local community by linking promotions or marketing to local causes and charities. They spend around $80,000 a year in the local community including some of the following:
* Partnership with Bendigo bank, with each organisation giving one local school $10,000 ($5,000 from Hotondo and then matched by Bendigo Bank).
* In-kind donations of school seating, handrails in homeless shelters etc.
* Donating to the Make a Wish Foundation
* Shoalhaven Gymnastics Centres – sponsorship for new equipment
* Local Sporting Teams including the ladies league football team, The Nowra Jets.
* Sponsorship of the ‘Positive Youth Award’ at the International Youth Awards
* Sponsorship of the Paws ‘n’ Tales Reading Program at local schools
* Sponsorship of the Shoalhaven River Festival sponsorship
* Sponsorship of the 2018 Variety Birdcage Races
* Hotondo Southcoast is working in partnership with the local high school to try and bridge the gap between school leavers and gaining an apprenticeship. This is coordinated through a number of workshops with Adam leading as mentor to students who demonstrate an interest in beginning an apprenticeship. This gives the students a realistic idea of what is expected of them and the conditions they will be working under. Issued covered include hours per week, tafe commitments etc. These sessions will run once a week for a term leading up to the end of the school year.
Hotondo South Coast also fulfils our social responsibility by sourcing Australian owned products and local suppliers wherever possible. 95% of all our products are sourced from Australian owned businesses which sustains our community. Where possible, we also choose to use environmentally friendly companies such as companies supplying timber from sustainable forests.
How does your business differ from its competitors?
What really sets Hotondo South Coast apart from competitors is having the local area knowledge and customer service of a local builder, combined with the affordability and range of flexible new house designs of a large building network.
Additionally, Adam is available to chat with, meet and assist every customer and personally ensures that he sees over all construction projects.
What are your business’ core values and how do you uphold these?
Vision – Tapping into the universal human yearning to belong — the desire to give everybody the opportunity to live in their dream home and fulfil this in an environmentally sustainable way.
Franchise Mission – Hotondo Homes strives to be acknowledged as Australia’s foremost franchise building group by delivering leadership, innovation and value through a network of professional local builders.
Our Mission – Hotondo South Coast’s purpose is to use our intelligence, creativity and people skills to continually learn and apply new ideas, find unique solutions to our clients’ problems, and build a powerful network of customer relationships in order to create 60 -70 new homes per year, a steady flow of referral and renewal business and complete engagement with the systems available to us.
- Our people are our family
- Kindness is our strength
- We are stronger as a whole
The above vision, mission and value guides our Hotondo Southcoast business in every aspect; from employment of our team and all the touchpoints our customers have with us – from customer service to quality of our workmanship.
Kindness is our strength
This value is about ‘doing good’ and being the best version of oneself. The company lives this value by giving back to the community, and the team. Over $80,000 is invested back into the community every year – supporting local sporting teams, charities, schools etc.
At a ‘family’ level – the team is regularly rewarded and encouraged to team build, recoup or take time out when they need it.
What value do you think the Business Awards brings to the region?
The Business Awards bring a sense of community to the region. It brings together business large and small and allows businesses to network and celebrate all the success that was achieved throughout the year. It allows the opportunity for the region to acknowledge those businesses and inspire others.
Why do you believe it is important for people to enter the Awards?
Hotondo Southcoast believes it is important to enter the awards as it provides the opportunity for business owners and employees to strive to be leaders within their industry. Being a winner or finalist is a great point to add to your resume or portfolio. Businesses gain a reputation as an industry leader and will be able to engage with a larger audience that will look to you for your opinions and advice. It builds a reputation for excellence inside and outside of the industry and to be able to benchmark your business year on year and against other businesses in your local area and industry.
Thank you for sharing, Hotondo team. See you at the Gala night!